Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time for the reception








Time for the wedding reception and dinner, dancing and drinks...
All images by Robert H. Walker

Apple Tiger VS Windows Vista operating system.

Microsoft Windows Vista – Vista the WOW factor - as in
WOW Vista does not work…

The black screen of death aka The Darth Vader of operating systems.

I use Google's Picasa and Adobe (formerly Macromedia) Photoshop for retouching the digital photography and imaging that I take as a professional wedding photographer. I have been forced to migrate from a windows based operating system to an Apple based operating system. I like the Apple IPhoto digital imaging editing program and it compares favorably with the Google Picasa editing program. Digital cameras take decent pictures, but oftentimes the images need editing to get rid of clutter and color correcting. There is a learning curve from migrating from a Vista to a Tiger operating system. But as a wedding Photographer I need to do the best possible job for my married clients at their wedding.

Editing of digital images is truly one of the most important aspects of the photography business. I can take an average picture or digital image and edit and retouch it and turn it into a great piece of artwork. Photoshop is a truly great program and piece of software. You can take Photoshop and take a photograph and change the colors in a photograph to anything that you want. You can restore old photos as it is used for old photograph restoration. I used this Photoshop program while I worked at a graphics arts business, just prior to my getting into the photography business full-time.

I have used Apple Macs and Microsoft Windows based PC’s in my line of work and you can get digital image editing software for either platform. Google has a wonderful program called Picasa and it works only on PC’s with a Windows based operating system. Google’s Picasa is a great photo-editing program and it is free. I really like Picasa and having Google offering it for free. Thank you Google.

I purchased a new HP computer, a laptop and the Vista system did not work properly. The CD/DVD player would hang up while viewing picture slideshows, right out of the box. My wedding photography client and I were really unimpressed. They did not hire me and I thank Microsoft for this mess. Hello Apple...

I really liked Windows XP – But this Vista is a big problem with the last PC that I bought and returned. As a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, I can ill afford to wait while Microsoft fixes Vista problems. So I purchased an Apple Mac and it seems to be real good so far. Apple has far fewer virus and spy ware problems with the Tiger operating system.

Sorry Mr. Gates, but as a business I cannot wait until you work out the bugs and problems with Vista. I do not dislike Bill and Microsoft and I respect them in many ways. But I cannot purchase a computer system for my photography business and not have the luxury of waiting for the bugs to be removed from Vista.

No comments: