Monday, June 14, 2010

Wedding photographer




Posted by Picasa
These are wedding pictures of my family and their daughter. I also like building pictures. The blonde lady is a guest at a wedding that I shot and performed the ceremony for. I love taking pictures of people after the ceremony. I love receptions and taking pictures after people have a few drinks and getting the candid pictures.


I once helped an ungrateful someone get into wedding photography by asking my wedding clients if they would want free photography of their wedding. “What is the catch” they would always ask. The only catch is we are allowed to use your pictures and images for our website and portfolio. I helped this someone get experience as I helped train them with the dynamics of wedding photography. I had worked with many professional photographers so that I knew the expected posed formal wedding pictures. This someone quickly gained vast experence with digital, as opposed to film, photography and built a beautiful portfolio in a matter of a few months. Many wedding photographers would take years to build such an extensive portfolio.

I only had one bride deny our free photography request. They had a big time photographer that used to work for Cosmopolitan magazine and Vogue. One can build a great deal of experience and a substantial portfolio in a very short time when one takes wedding pictures several times a month. This is a great way to gain a great deal of experience in being a wedding photographer in a very short time.

No comments: